Twickenham Cycling Club (TCC) is a racing and sporting club with an active membership participating in most cycling disciplines, including events at local and national level. TCC promotes various events during the year, including Road Races, Cyclo-Cross Races, Time Trials and Cyclo Sportives,. In addition to its regular training, the Club organises track sessions at Calshot Velodrome and Welwyn Track and road race sessions at Hillingdon Cycle Circuit.
Road racing is the favourite of most senior members although challenge events are becoming more popular with a large contingent taking part in the Etape du Tour in France and in the Grand Fondo events in Italy. Some of our members are keen mountain bike racers and compete in events both locally and nationally.
TCC has a good track squad with members competing regularly in events throughout the year including the British Cycling National Championships and the Palmer Park Monday and Welwyn Track League.
Youth and Junior Squad
Membership of the youth squad starts at 13 goes through Junior to the senior ranks. These young people train with the club and take part in youth and junior racing at local and national level in road, track and mountain bike events.
A strong ladies team challenges in road racing, time trialling and cyclo-sportive events. There are many ladies who are new to cycle racing, but keen to have a go and TCC organises regular training sessions to help them gain confidence and skills.
|Over 18 on 1st January||£40.00||£20.00|
|17th birthday in the year from 1
|Under 16 or 16th birthday in the
year from 1 January
|Over 18 with full-time student ID||£20.00||£10.00|
|Social Member (non-riding)||£20.00||£10.00|
|2 Adults + all U18′s||£85.00||£43.00|
Annual Membership Forms
TCC 2013 Annual membership form
TCC Parental Consent Form (for all under 18′s)
Weekly Club Subscriptions
Club Night Attendance: Senior, Associate £1 / Youth, Junior, Student 50p
Turbo Sessions: Senior £1 / Youth, Junior, Student 50p / Non-Members £2
INTERESTED IN JOINING?
If you are interested in joining the Twickenham Cycling Club and would like to know more about the whys and wherefores of the various training sessions then please feel free to come down to the Club on a Tuesday evening at about 8.30pm for a chat with the members (refreshments thrown in!) before you decide if we have what you are looking for. The clubroom is the Long Room, All Hallows Church Hall, Erncroft Way, directions under ‘Contact Us’.
If you are not able to get to the club on a Tuesday evening then you could come along to one of our Saturday morning rides, we meet at the clubroom at 9am.
Please note the following:
- Twickenham Cycling Club is a racing and sporting club and its members nearly all take part in some form of racing discipline. The club is not geared up for ‘leisure riding’ such as a Sky Ride type event and you will need to be a competent bike rider, confident in traffic and someone who rides several times a week.
- You will need to have a racing style bicycle with curly handlebars and preferably with clip pedals.
- You will be asked to wear a helmet.
- You will need to wear typical cyclist’s apparel, cycling shorts and a cycle top and cycling shoes.
- To join our Saturday rides you need to be able to ride at least 40 miles at an approximate average speed of 15mph, although this is not set in stone and is only an indication of the level of fitness you should be at in order to enjoy the ride.
- You should carry at a minimum a pump and spare inner tubes, a drink and some snack bars.